The plan for the first meeting of 2019 is reasonably informal.
Bring along your favourite LEGO – this could be something that you received recently as a gift. Tell us why you love this set!
Secondly, there is the potential for a few shows early in the year, I have had a request for a LEGO show at a primary school in Pukekohe that wants to set up a LEGO club for the students.
There is a chance to collaborate with a model train club exhibition at Whangaparaoa with a LEGO train display.
And finally, a former colleague of mine is opening an early childhood centre in Flat Bush. We may be able to have a show there as part of the opening celebrations.
LUGBulk is the most lucrative benefit of being in a LUG. I’ve struck a deal with another RLUG for those members of All Blocks who would like to tap into this offer. (See below).
At the end of last year, I mentioned that a goal for All Blocks LEGO User Group was to apply for Recognised LUG status from the LEGO Group. Internationally, getting RLUG status has been put on hold as there is a significant number of non-recognised LUGs waiting for recognition from the LEGO Group and so there is a backlog. All Blocks LUG did not fulfil the requirements for RLUG status and so no application was furnished: All Blocks LUG did not exhibit at sufficient shows.
One of the most significant advantages of RLUG status is the privilege to
Full members of All Blocks LUG have been granted permission to tag onto another RLUGs LUGBulk program. If you are already a member of an RLUG then use that LUGs LUGBulk program.
If you are a member All Blocks LUG and want to be tagged onto the LUGBulk of our partner then the links will be sent to you once you fill out the form (linked below). Note – you are only allowed to participate in ONE LUGBulk program.
There are some rules:
- LUGBulk is an opportunity for members of an RLUG (Recognized Lego User Group), to purchase bulk Lego at a significant discount.
- You need to be 18 years old and above to participate.
- See Rules section later in this newsletter for other specific limitations.
- There are four phases, and tight timelines, of the LUGBulk process and the first
stageis to register your intention.
Would you like to participate in LUGBulk 2019?
If you would like to participate in the LUGBulk 2019, and have been active with All Blocks during 2018 then fill out this Google Form by Sunday, 13 January 2019.
Active means exhibited at All Blocks events and/or participated at All Blocks meetings during 2018.
If you need more information, please get in touch with me.
The next All Blocks meeting will be held at Vaughan Blok’s place (55 Station Road) at 2pm on Sunday 20 January 2019.
- The bulk order through the LEGO LUGBULK Program is offered solely for the personal use of the Recognized community members.
Elements purchased through the LEGO LUGBULK program are under no circumstances to be resold or given to the general public.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – Individual LEGO element prices viewable in the online ordering platform and in the distributed spreadsheet are confidential and are to be restricted to Recognized community members who are participating in the program.
- Due to EU GDPR rules, the information you use to sign up with, name, email and age, will be given to third parties that fulfil the orders. If you object to this please don’t sign up.
- Due to the large quantities and intent of the program, the elements are picked in bulk quantities.
This may result in exact quantity deviations that are not entitled to compensation. Any deviation of 5% or less will not be replaced, compensated or refunded.
This means if LEGO sends us less than the total ordered amount we will need to
proratathe parts we do receive. So you may receive less than you actually ordered, but no more than 5% less.
- For those that are members of multiple LUGs, you will only be able to participate in ONE LUGBulk program.